CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The submission window closed on Sunday 3 November 2019 (midnight CET).
You can view the abstract submitted here. Please log in with the username and password created upon submission. At this stage, submitted abstracts can no longer be edited.
To fit with the conference theme, “Eye Health for All – Emerging Technologies in Eye Care”, we look forward to receiving abstracts or content related to this topic. We also welcome any topic or content that can provide delegates with information they can apply to practice and discuss with colleagues. Work that has the potential to help colleagues, at a national, European or international level in their professional development will also be taken into consideration.
This could be new research, clinical findings, new technology / developments in visual assessment, novel ideas for how to move patients through the healthcare system, educational topics, or anything else that represents an issue and how to help resolve it. We will also hold a Young Researchers session and welcome abstracts from professionals starting out with their carrier, who would like to present the results of their Bachelor or Master thesis completed in 2018 or 2019.
Please note that only abstracts adhering to the guidelines, with the required format and content will be considered for review and inclusion in the programme.
Abstract categories are:
- Scientific or Research-led
The format can be for either a poster / oral presentation or for a workshop.
Abstracts should be maximum 350 words in length, and should be structured in the following ways, based on their type of content:
- Scientific or Research-led abstracts: Purpose, Method, Results*, and Conclusion**
- Clinical abstracts: Clinical topic, Content or case presentation, Actions taken, Recommendations/Conclusions**
- Educational abstracts: Educational topic or area, Content, Results, Recommendations/Conclusions**
- Optical abstracts: Optical topic, Content, Results, Conclusions **
* Research results are expected to be accompanied by proper statistical analysis and relevant numerical results.
** Conclusions should be supported by the results presented in the abstract.
For more detailed information on how to submit your abstract, please consult: